MeetChristians.com Tour

Private
Mailbox

Quick
Search

Detailed
Search

Member
Forums

Live
Chat

Polls
space

User
Tools

Help
space

Log Off
space
MeetChristians.com / Forums / General Discussion

No. 0     Original Topic:  Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  jadefox   Gender: F   Age: 58   on  Dec 17, 2017 at 5:29 PM   Viewed 1419 times     
If only because of the nature and severity of his illness.

He is in hospital as far as we know, at this time.

Please all, keep him and his family in your prayers.

I hope it's not as serious as he thought it was going in. Or is getting better by the minute.

Storm, we're rooting for you !

:pray: :group_prayer:

No. 1     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Survivor698   Gender: M   Age: 103   on  Dec 17, 2017 at 6:01 PM     
Praying.
No. 2     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  texascowgirl283   Gender: F   Age: 51   on  Dec 17, 2017 at 6:21 PM     
What is he sick with? Whatever it is, I hope God's will is mine and he fully recovers from whatever ails him. Im sorry to hear he is sick and I hope he recovers and returns to MC soon.
No. 3     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Survivor698   Gender: M   Age: 103   on  Dec 17, 2017 at 6:22 PM     
Maybe shame on me, but I had not seen the post in the Prayer Forum. I had seen a post by Storm in General indicating he was going to ER, but then heard no more. Have not seen anything on FB either.
No. 4     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Dec 17, 2017 at 6:40 PM     
Survivor698 wrote:

Maybe shame on me, but I had seen the post in the Prayer Forum. I had seen a post by Storm in General indicating he was going to ER, but then heard no more. Have not seen anything on FB either.


A personal friend of Storm's that lives in the same town has shared that Storm is in the hospital and his condition is serious. He prefers the family gives any updates rather than we hear it from someone else. If I hear an update from storms daughter, I will share it. Hopefully Storm himself will be giving us one.
No. 5     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Dec 17, 2017 at 8:43 PM     
Yep ! Still praying for ya Stormchaser ! :pray: :2thumbs:
No. 6     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  insular926   Gender: M   Age: 57   on  Dec 17, 2017 at 9:00 PM     
Greetings Stormchaser, I hope you're doing well.
No. 7     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  crayons   Gender: M   Age: 61   on  Dec 17, 2017 at 11:42 PM     
well; it's not like I didn't warn him
about goin to the Banana "D.R"epublic

before or after; one way or another they'll git ya.
No. 8     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Devaprakash   Gender: M   Age: 73   on  Dec 18, 2017 at 7:08 AM     
Moving from Prayer Forum to General Forum is like shifting the patient from special ward to general ward! :twocents:
No. 9     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Dec 18, 2017 at 8:44 AM     
Definitely praying. Thanks Jade (I know not all ppl read prayer forums). :pray:



No. 10     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Survivor698   Gender: M   Age: 103   on  Dec 18, 2017 at 9:45 AM     
Devaprakash wrote:

Moving from Prayer Forum to General Forum is like shifting the patient from special ward to general ward! :twocents:


Personally, I think it does the opposite. Indicates more urgency.
No. 11     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Dec 18, 2017 at 10:26 AM     
This is a message I received last night from a close friend of his:

I did talk with his brother. I don't have a release to give medical info. It is very serious. He needs prayer.


God know's Don's condition. My thoughts are the family doesn't want it discussed or posted on websites right now or they would share it. So I continue to pray for him and I know his friends in here will too.

~Kari
No. 12     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Survivor698   Gender: M   Age: 103   on  Dec 18, 2017 at 11:05 AM     
Kari wrote:

This is a message I received last night from a close friend of his:

I did talk with his brother. I don't have a release to give medical info. It is very serious. He needs prayer.


God know's Don's condition. My thoughts are the family doesn't want it discussed or posted on websites right now or they would share it. So I continue to pray for him and I know his friends in here will too.

~Kari


Thanks for the info Kari.

Storm and I belong to a couple of the same business/investment forums on FB. Thus we cross paths there now and then. But I would be reluctant to share anything unless clear consent was given. Not implying I know anything, for nothing related to this incident has been shared to me in those venues.

Continuing to pray.
No. 13     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Dec 18, 2017 at 12:21 PM     
Survivor698 wrote:

Kari wrote:

This is a message I received last night from a close friend of his:

I did talk with his brother. I don't have a release to give medical info. It is very serious. He needs prayer.


God know's Don's condition. My thoughts are the family doesn't want it discussed or posted on websites right now or they would share it. So I continue to pray for him and I know his friends in here will too.

~Kari


Thanks for the info Kari.

Storm and I belong to a couple of the same business/investment forums on FB. Thus we cross paths there now and then. But I would be reluctant to share anything unless clear consent was given. Not implying I know anything, for nothing related to this incident has been shared to me in those venues.

Continuing to pray.


Thanks Darrel. At this time it has been requested the details not be shared on this website due to the fact it is a public site. the important thing is that God knows what's going on. I can only stress how important it is to lift him to the Lord.
No. 14     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Devaprakash   Gender: M   Age: 73   on  Dec 18, 2017 at 7:22 PM     
Survivor698 wrote:

Devaprakash wrote:

Moving from Prayer Forum to General Forum is like shifting the patient from special ward to general ward! :twocents:


Personally, I think it does the opposite. Indicates more urgency.


1 Peter 3
12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers:
but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Democracy don't work in the kingdom of God.
No. 15     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Survivor698   Gender: M   Age: 103   on  Dec 18, 2017 at 7:26 PM     
Devaprakash wrote:

Survivor698 wrote:

Devaprakash wrote:

Moving from Prayer Forum to General Forum is like shifting the patient from special ward to general ward! :twocents:


Personally, I think it does the opposite. Indicates more urgency.


1 Peter 3
12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers:
but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Democracy don't work in the kingdom of God.


I have no idea what you are attempting to express.
No. 16     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Devaprakash   Gender: M   Age: 73   on  Dec 19, 2017 at 12:31 AM     
Survivor698 wrote:

Devaprakash wrote:

Survivor698 wrote:

Devaprakash wrote:

Moving from Prayer Forum to General Forum is like shifting the patient from special ward to general ward! :twocents:


Personally, I think it does the opposite. Indicates more urgency.


1 Peter 3
12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers:
but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Democracy don't work in the kingdom of God.


I have no idea what you are attempting to express.


No use in drawing attention of all sundry for serious health concerns. It won't really help the affected.
No. 17     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Survivor698   Gender: M   Age: 103   on  Dec 19, 2017 at 7:27 AM     
Devaprakash wrote:

Survivor698 wrote:

Devaprakash wrote:

Survivor698 wrote:

Devaprakash wrote:

Moving from Prayer Forum to General Forum is like shifting the patient from special ward to general ward! :twocents:


Personally, I think it does the opposite. Indicates more urgency.


1 Peter 3
12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers:
but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Democracy don't work in the kingdom of God.


I have no idea what you are attempting to express.


No use in drawing attention of all sundry for serious health concerns. It won't really help the affected.


But the Scripture you shared says "His ears are open unto their prayers". There may be no prayers being prayed if the message does not get out that a brother or sister is in need of prayer.
No. 18     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Dec 19, 2017 at 7:49 AM     
:group_prayer:
No. 19     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Dec 19, 2017 at 11:44 AM     
UPDATE: he is alert, on oxygen but not incubated any longer. In pain of course and on pain meds...... Praise God for answers to prayer!!

prayers continue!!!
No. 20     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Survivor698   Gender: M   Age: 103   on  Dec 19, 2017 at 12:47 PM     
Praise the Lord!
No. 21     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Vickie   Gender: F   Age: 63   on  Dec 19, 2017 at 1:16 PM     
Kari wrote:

UPDATE: he is alert, on oxygen but not incubated any longer. In pain of course and on pain meds...... Praise God for answers to prayer!!

prayers continue!!!


Yes, Praise God indeed!

Continuing in prayer for complete recovery.
Thanks for the update Kari.
No. 22     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Devaprakash   Gender: M   Age: 73   on  Dec 19, 2017 at 6:51 PM     
Survivor698 wrote:

Devaprakash wrote:

Survivor698 wrote:

Devaprakash wrote:

Survivor698 wrote:

Devaprakash wrote:

Moving from Prayer Forum to General Forum is like shifting the patient from special ward to general ward! :twocents:


Personally, I think it does the opposite. Indicates more urgency.


1 Peter 3
12 For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers:
but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

Democracy don't work in the kingdom of God.


I have no idea what you are attempting to express.


No use in drawing attention of all sundry for serious health concerns. It won't really help the affected.


But the Scripture you shared says "His ears are open unto their prayers". There may be no prayers being prayed if the message does not get out that a brother or sister is in need of prayer.


Whose prayers? You seem to ignore the important word here!:rolleyes:
No. 23     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  tominsd62   Gender: M   Age: 60   on  Dec 19, 2017 at 7:11 PM     
I'm sorry to hear about his ailing condition. I hope that he gets better soon. I have always liked his posts. Also, in a case like his, I think that it was good to have it on General Discussion. I have to confess that I don't look at the other sections that much as I do with the General Discussions.
No. 24     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Dec 19, 2017 at 8:40 PM     
This is what I can share as of tonight. Don is still in ICU. he did have a heart attack on December 6th. The day he went into the ER. He has had open heart surgery. Prayers are very much coveted as he still is not out of the critical stage. he hasn't spoken but he can open his eyes. he is of course, heavily medicated.

prayers continue for him.
No. 25     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Dec 19, 2017 at 9:30 PM     
Kari wrote:

This is what I can share as of tonight. Don is still in ICU. he did have a heart attack on December 6th. The day he went into the ER. He has had open heart surgery. Prayers are very much coveted as he still is not out of the critical stage. he hasn't spoken but he can open his eyes. he is of course, heavily medicated.

prayers continue for him.


Thank you Kari for the updates ... in agreement ... :high5:

Yes ... prayers will continue for him without ceasing ... :exactly: :group_prayer:

No. 26     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  texascowgirl283   Gender: F   Age: 51   on  Dec 20, 2017 at 7:30 AM     
Kari wrote:

This is what I can share as of tonight. Don is still in ICU. he did have a heart attack on December 6th. The day he went into the ER. He has had open heart surgery. Prayers are very much coveted as he still is not out of the critical stage. he hasn't spoken but he can open his eyes. he is of course, heavily medicated.

prayers continue for him.

Oh my goodness. Im sorry to hear of his heart attack. Although still in ICU, he is expected a full recovery after surgery??
No. 27     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Dec 20, 2017 at 8:20 AM     
Philippians 4:13 I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me

Continuing in prayers.

No. 28     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Dec 23, 2017 at 5:37 AM     
Yesterday I was told Storm had more surgery Thursday because of an infection they found. It is to my understanding they have fixed that issue, But I don't have an update past that.

Continued prayers for him.
No. 29     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Survivor698   Gender: M   Age: 103   on  Dec 23, 2017 at 7:56 AM     
Still in my prayers.
No. 30     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Tavita   Gender: M   Age: 82   on  Dec 24, 2017 at 12:32 PM     
I continue to pray for Storm.

Thank you Kari for keeping us updated on Don's progress.

Let us all join in praying for his recovery.
No. 31     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Dec 24, 2017 at 1:55 PM     
Tavita wrote:

I continue to pray for Storm.

Thank you Kari for keeping us updated on Don's progress.

Let us all join in praying for his recovery.



I am hoping for another update and will share when I get one ...... Praying so hard that Storm can give us his own in here.

agreeing in prayer. :group_prayer:
No. 32     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Vickie   Gender: F   Age: 63   on  Dec 24, 2017 at 6:20 PM     
Kari wrote:

Tavita wrote:

I continue to pray for Storm.

Thank you Kari for keeping us updated on Don's progress.

Let us all join in praying for his recovery.



I am hoping for another update and will share when I get one ...... Praying so hard that Storm can give us his own in here.

agreeing in prayer. :group_prayer:


Amen :group_prayer: praying Don and his family will have their Christmas miracle in Jesus Name
No. 33     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  tominsd62   Gender: M   Age: 60   on  Dec 25, 2017 at 11:40 AM     
I'm hoping and praying that Storm will recover. It's too bad it had to happen to him around Christmas.
No. 34     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Dec 25, 2017 at 2:08 PM     
tominsd62 wrote:

I'm hoping and praying that Storm will recover. It's too bad it had to happen to him around Christmas.


I was thinking the same, but this too can be a testimony of the Lord's love and a special time when coming through all this (another chance at life with God's provision granted).

Still lifting prayers and believing, Storm!

No. 35     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Dec 26, 2017 at 6:21 PM     
This is the latest update I have: He's had some setbacks. They had to intubate him again and he had to have another surgery. There seems to be slow progress.

Praying for him and believing God will bring him through this :group_prayer:
No. 36     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Dec 27, 2017 at 10:02 AM     
Dear Heavenly Father, We know You are a God that moves Mountains. A God of miracles and a God of life and life in abundance. We witness this daily. I lift Storm's life in your capable hands with reassurance of You and Your Will and Your endless Mercies. Thank you Father Almighty. There is none above You. May Your Almighty Spirit move upon Storm in hopes of full recovery. You renew us daily Father God and You direct earthly matters, kings and guide human hands for those whose faith rests in you solely. May all doctors receive Your Perfection in the carrying forth of surgeries endured. How blessed are those that you guide. How blessed are those that give and blessed are those that experience first hand your endless mercies. How thankful we are for your mercy and grace upon us and your Spirit moving in our lives. In Christ's never failing love I pray. Amen

No. 37     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Vickie   Gender: F   Age: 63   on  Dec 27, 2017 at 4:47 PM     
CAsandie wrote:

Dear Heavenly Father, We know You are a God that moves Mountains. A God of miracles and a God of life and life in abundance. We witness this daily. I lift Storm's life in your capable hands with reassurance of You and Your Will and Your endless Mercies. Thank you Father Almighty. There is none above You. May Your Almighty Spirit move upon Storm in hopes of full recovery. You renew us daily Father God and You direct earthly matters, kings and guide human hands for those whose faith rests in you solely. May all doctors receive Your Perfection in the carrying forth of surgeries endured. How blessed are those that you guide. How blessed are those that give and blessed are those that experience first hand your endless mercies. How thankful we are for your mercy and grace upon us and your Spirit moving in our lives. In Christ's never failing love I pray. Amen



Amen
No. 38     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  joyful   Gender: F   Age: 61   on  Dec 28, 2017 at 11:33 PM     
I am not on here often. This is the first I have known of this. Am agreeing in prayer for Storm's recovery.
No. 39     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  jadefox   Gender: F   Age: 58   on  Dec 30, 2017 at 8:46 AM     
"His eye is on the sparrow," so I know He's watching over Storm.

Thanks for the updates Kari.

Hope he's out of the woods soon.
No. 40     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Dec 30, 2017 at 1:41 PM     
jadefox wrote:

"His eye is on the sparrow," so I know He's watching over Storm.

Thanks for the updates Kari.

Hope he's out of the woods soon.
me too!!!! The latest update I received is he had a major setback a few days ago .... and still in ICU. Improving but very slowly. We know God can restore Storm and bring about a victory. :group_prayer:
No. 41     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Survivor698   Gender: M   Age: 104   on  Jan 2, 2018 at 7:52 AM     
Prayer is the vehicle through which God works in us, for us, and through us!
No. 42     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Mission_Specialist   Gender: M   Age: 56   on  Jan 2, 2018 at 11:42 AM     
Kari wrote:

jadefox wrote:

"His eye is on the sparrow," so I know He's watching over Storm.

Thanks for the updates Kari.

Hope he's out of the woods soon.
me too!!!! The latest update I received is he had a major setback a few days ago .... and still in ICU. Improving but very slowly. We know God can restore Storm and bring about a victory. :group_prayer:


If you can get word to him: I am expecting his recovery and a phone call too when he is up to it.
No. 43     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 104   on  Jan 2, 2018 at 10:10 PM     
I wish I had a more positive update. As of today Storm is still in ICU. Which now makes it 28 days in there after a major heart attack. He is conscious but only able to speak a word or two. His breathing is very labored and he isn't sleeping well which is creating great anxiety for him on top of everything else. Progress is very slow.

Lord, you see our brother in Christ. Bring about healing and restoration. Help Don pull through this. Give him peace as you do your mighty work. You are the great I AM. Let his testimony of healing be loud and clear.
No. 44     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  PSUCookie   Gender: F   Age: 40   on  Jan 3, 2018 at 9:50 AM     
Hi Kari,

Thank you for all the updates on Storm. I haven't posted here in years, but Storm and I (as others) have met several times to attend Creation Festival. He will be in my continued thoughts and prayers. Previously was Koko here.

Thanks!
No. 45     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  jimmylynn   Gender: M   Age: 72   on  Jan 3, 2018 at 10:09 AM     
I am praying now for Don Stormchaser to make it. has he had bypass? heart valve? I have not read all posts. internal infection can lead to sepsis. Father heal the infection. in Jesus. Jim
No. 46     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Tavita   Gender: M   Age: 82   on  Jan 3, 2018 at 1:45 PM     
Kari wrote:

I wish I had a more positive update. As of today Storm is still in ICU. Which now makes it 28 days in there after a major heart attack. He is conscious but only able to speak a word or two. His breathing is very labored and he isn't sleeping well which is creating great anxiety for him on top of everything else. Progress is very slow.

Lord, you see our brother in Christ. Bring about healing and restoration. Help Don pull through this. Give him peace as you do your mighty work. You are the great I AM. Let his testimony of healing be loud and clear.

Thank you once more for updating us Kari.
I continue in prayer for Don for his recovery and healing.
Tav
No. 47     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  jadefox   Gender: F   Age: 58   on  Jan 4, 2018 at 10:42 PM     
Kari wrote:

I wish I had a more positive update. As of today Storm is still in ICU. Which now makes it 28 days in there after a major heart attack. He is conscious but only able to speak a word or two. His breathing is very labored and he isn't sleeping well which is creating great anxiety for him on top of everything else. Progress is very slow.

Lord, you see our brother in Christ. Bring about healing and restoration. Help Don pull through this. Give him peace as you do your mighty work. You are the great I AM. Let his testimony of healing be loud and clear.


He sounds very weak. Four weeks later and he's still in ICU is a very long time.

Oy. Thanks for the update.
No. 48     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  123john62   Gender: M   Age: 62   on  Jan 5, 2018 at 7:28 AM     

Joining in prayer for Storm.


No. 49     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Jan 5, 2018 at 9:26 PM     
Praying without ceasing ... Amen !
No. 50     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  YoBro-MOTBOC   Gender: M   Age: 63   on  Jan 5, 2018 at 11:08 PM     
I don't know Storm. don't need to. I see all of you respond and your concern & love for him and that is good enough for me. I first ask that God's Spirit be with him for any fear that will try to rob him of his faith. That goes for his family as well. Then peace fill him and all around including his doctors. I also ask God to look upon all of us here as His children as we cry out to HIM and our hearts, mind & spirit be as one body. In His name I (we) ask.
No. 51     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 104   on  Jan 7, 2018 at 10:36 AM     
Praying for Storm's family as well.

No. 52     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Tavita   Gender: M   Age: 82   on  Jan 7, 2018 at 1:45 PM     
Continue the battle of prayer that Stormchaser may know the victory.
I pray for healing for Don and wisdom and skill for those attending him and for peace and comfort for his loved ones as they traverse this ordeal.
I look forward to good reports of his recovery.
Jesus is Lord!
No. 53     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  bodyservant56   Gender: M   Age: 61   on  Jan 8, 2018 at 9:21 AM     
Any update on Don's condition?:pray:
No. 54     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 104   on  Jan 8, 2018 at 3:02 PM     
Tav -- in agreement.

No. 55     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 104   on  Jan 9, 2018 at 10:37 AM     
I so wish I had better news. Don had surgery again a couple days ago on his intestines. He has a breathing tube to help with his breathing and still has not been able to communicate with anyone. He remains in ICU.

claiming God's word for Don:
But I will restore you to health and heal your wounds, declares the LORD Jeremiah 30:17

No. 56     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Verbatim   Gender: F   Age: 65   on  Jan 9, 2018 at 11:22 AM     
Jeremiah 30.17...does not pertain to the health of a person. This whole passage is indicating the restoration and Messianic promises.There will be a regathering and end-time restoration...."Time of Jacob's Trouble."... a time of trouble for Jacob.



14 All thy lovers have forgotten thee; they seek thee not; for I have wounded thee with the wound of an enemy, with the chastisement of a cruel one, for the multitude of thine iniquity; because thy sins were increased.

15 Why criest thou for thine affliction? thy sorrow is incurable for the multitude of thine iniquity: because thy sins were increased, I have done these things unto thee.

16 Therefore all they that devour thee shall be devoured; and all thine adversaries, every one of them, shall go into captivity; and they that spoil thee shall be a spoil, and all that prey upon thee will I give for a prey.

17 For I will restore health unto thee, and I will heal thee of thy wounds, saith the LORD; because they called thee an Outcast, saying, This is Zion, whom no man seeketh after.

18 Thus saith the LORD; Behold, I will bring again the captivity of Jacob's tents, and have mercy on his dwellingplaces; and the city shall be builded upon her own heap, and the palace shall remain after the manner thereof.

19 And out of them shall proceed thanksgiving and the voice of them that make merry: and I will multiply them, and they shall not be few; I will also glorify them, and they shall not be small.

20 Their children also shall be as aforetime, and their congregation shall be established before me, and I will punish all that oppress them.
No. 57     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Vickie   Gender: F   Age: 63   on  Jan 9, 2018 at 3:50 PM     

Lord, I believe your Word which promises me that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. I thank you and praise You that Storm was not traveling when this occurred, that none of this has taken You by surprise and that I know You wish above all things that Don may prosper and be in health, even as his soul prospers. I pray Your Peace which passes understanding rest on Don and his family, that everyone involved in his care do so with supernatural skill, wisdom and compassion. I pray he rest in that secret place while his body is recovering and that he fully recover quickly with no more complications, going on to fulfill ALL You have called him to accomplish in this life, in Jesus Name

No. 58     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 104   on  Jan 9, 2018 at 3:58 PM     
Amen Vickie. God's Will is always life and life abundant.

You make such a solid point about this not happening during travel/flight. Thanks for pointing this out.

:pray:


No. 59     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 104   on  Jan 9, 2018 at 4:04 PM     
Survivor698 wrote:

Prayer is the vehicle through which God works in us, for us, and through us!


:thumb_up:

No. 60     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 104   on  Jan 9, 2018 at 4:25 PM     
Vickie wrote:


Lord, I believe your Word which promises me that Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever. I thank you and praise You that Storm was not traveling when this occurred, that none of this has taken You by surprise and that I know You wish above all things that Don may prosper and be in health, even as his soul prospers. I pray Your Peace which passes understanding rest on Don and his family, that everyone involved in his care do so with supernatural skill, wisdom and compassion. I pray he rest in that secret place while his body is recovering and that he fully recover quickly with no more complications, going on to fulfill ALL You have called him to accomplish in this life, in Jesus Name



Amen. In agreement. :group_prayer:
No. 61     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 104   on  Jan 10, 2018 at 11:55 AM     
Continuing to believe.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." ~ Isaiah 41:10

Dear Lord, living in your Will but in the flesh, it is difficult when sickness strikes and when calamity occurs. We know these are not of you. We know You are peace and life and have only that which is good desired for all. I pray prayers of peace and comfort to Don's family and pray healing upon Don's every cell throughout his body. This prayer delivered through Christ Whom is always good, and we thank you for your grace, your mercy and the comfort of knowing You are always good Father and Your goodness will always reign. Amen.

No. 62     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 104   on  Jan 14, 2018 at 10:59 AM     
Storm ... Stopping in today and noting the threads are quite slow without you. I pray you are recovering. My heart says 'arise' when I think of you and all you have gone through reported here.

My thoughts of life and death are always toward life, but I consider the pleasure of knowing what I do not when leaving this world.

I am praying healing upon your every cell in your body still. Planet Fitness awaits your return as well (just no pizza fridays anymore).

Praying the Lord is with you and your beloved family during this time. You used to telephone me out of the blue when I was off of MC and always with cheer in your voice (never dismay). I was so disconnected from this site that it always surprised me (you were one of few that kept in touch with me via telephone and this was before you joined facebook. I am honored you cared for me/liked me enough to do so and I hope you get this thank you fairly soon (recovery hastened and that you can read this). Squabbles in forums (oh well), not a part of the Lord's fellowship and in error, but we seemed to always rise above with respect, grace and honor toward one another. Suffice to say the forums are missing you and many prayers are going out for you. I miss that cheery voice on my answering machine and your sense of humor shared with me outside of MC.

:pray: :pray: :pray:

No. 63     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Vickie   Gender: F   Age: 63   on  Jan 15, 2018 at 9:33 AM     
CAsandie wrote:

Continuing to believe.

"So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand." ~ Isaiah 41:10

Dear Lord, living in your Will but in the flesh, it is difficult when sickness strikes and when calamity occurs. We know these are not of you. We know You are peace and life and have only that which is good desired for all. I pray prayers of peace and comfort to Don's family and pray healing upon Don's every cell throughout his body. This prayer delivered through Christ Whom is always good, and we thank you for your grace, your mercy and the comfort of knowing You are always good Father and Your goodness will always reign. Amen.


Amen
No. 64     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  shodan_carmen   Gender: M   Age: 67   on  Jan 16, 2018 at 8:29 AM     
Tavita wrote:

Continue the battle of prayer that Stormchaser may know the victory.
I pray for healing for Don and wisdom and skill for those attending him and for peace and comfort for his loved ones as they traverse this ordeal.
I look forward to good reports of his recovery.
Jesus is Lord!


Amen.
No. 65     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 104   on  Jan 17, 2018 at 11:31 AM     
latest update as of yesterday (Tuesday January 16th ) he's still in ICU. he still hasn't spoke. He is awake and he follows with his eyes, and he has been told we are praying for him. To that he nodded his head.
No. 66     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Koko   Gender: F   Age: 43   on  Jan 17, 2018 at 3:12 PM     
Kari wrote:

the latest update as of yesterday (Tuesday, January 16th ) he's still in ICU. he still hasn't spoken. He is awake and he follows with his eyes, and he has been told we are praying for him. To that, he nodded his head.


Kari - thank you for providing this update. He will continue to be in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Koko
No. 67     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Vickie   Gender: F   Age: 63   on  Jan 17, 2018 at 3:26 PM     
Kari wrote:

latest update as of yesterday (Tuesday January 16th ) he's still in ICU. he still hasn't spoke. He is awake and he follows with his eyes, and he has been told we are praying for him. To that he nodded his head.

Thank you, continuing in prayer
No. 68     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 104   on  Jan 17, 2018 at 9:13 PM     
Nodding seems like a good sign (cognitive of prayers being sent out for him).

Continuing to pray! :pray:

No. 69     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  jadefox   Gender: F   Age: 58   on  Jan 17, 2018 at 10:39 PM     
Kari wrote:

latest update as of yesterday (Tuesday January 16th ) he's still in ICU. he still hasn't spoke. He is awake and he follows with his eyes, and he has been told we are praying for him. To that he nodded his head.


Good news report.

Thanks for the update.

:pray:
No. 70     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Jan 22, 2018 at 10:19 AM     
Kari wrote:

... he has been told we are praying for him. To that he nodded his head.



Thanks for the up-dates Kari.

I'm glad Stormchaser knows we are praying for Him ... and that he has us here ... praying ... as God is working within his life and situation.


No. 71     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 104   on  Jan 22, 2018 at 7:32 PM     
I don't have any details as to why but Saturday Don was being intubated. This is another set back. He needs forward progress. We know the circumstances, yet we also serve a God who can and does do miraculous things. It's hard to hold on to that when we all have prayed intently for loved ones who have passed on. YET we hold to the hope believing that God alone controls life and death. Prayer is powerful.
:group_prayer:
No. 72     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Jan 23, 2018 at 6:56 AM     
Kari wrote:

Prayer is powerful.



Amen Kari ! Prayer is indeed ... POWERFUL ! We know we can trust God with the " outcome " !

We pray ... knowing ... God will take care of Don. The Good Lord, Jesus Christ, will see Don through it all.

We trust and wait ... to see how he will come through it all ... to be back with us or to move on with what God has in store for him as His child ... in His Kingdom.

In Jesus' Name ... Amen ! :group_prayer:
No. 73     Reply: Re: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Vickie   Gender: F   Age: 63   on  Jan 23, 2018 at 8:43 AM     
Kari wrote:

I don't have any details as to why but Saturday Don was being intubated. This is another set back. He needs forward progress. We know the circumstances, yet we also serve a God who can and does do miraculous things. It's hard to hold on to that when we all have prayed intently for loved ones who have passed on. YET we hold to the hope believing that God alone controls life and death. Prayer is powerful.
:group_prayer:


Father I know how difficult it must be, if having seen a glimpse of Heaven one would feel pulled back to earth but, only You know what is best for Don and his family at this point. I pray Your perfect will in this situation. We want Don here interacting with us, perhaps his desire is something else. I pray Your Peace surround Don and his family and if Don has any unfinished business or desires You raise him up with total and complete healing to Your Glory, in Jesus Name.

No. 74     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 104   on  Jan 23, 2018 at 10:47 AM     
Vickie prayed: Father I know how difficult it must be, if having seen a glimpse of Heaven one would feel pulled back to earth but, only You know what is best for Don and his family at this point. I pray Your perfect will in this situation. We want Don here interacting with us, perhaps his desire is something else. I pray Your Peace surround Don and his family and if Don has any unfinished business or desires You raise him up with total and complete healing to Your Glory, in Jesus Name.


Amen (stated so beautifully and in full agreement).

The Lord for certain knows reasons we do not. Through recent passings in my life, I have found comfort is this scripture...

Isaiah 57:1 1The righteous man perishes, and no man takes it to heart; And devout men are taken away, while no one understands. For the righteous man is taken away from evil, 2He enters into peace; They rest in their beds, Each one who walked in his upright way.

This is not to say I give up on Storm beating this (the Lord is capable to do all things and my hope and faith enough to move mountains [if only a mustard seed]). I am just offering an explanation for what is difficult to understand and I am praising the Lord's Eternal Greatness even in these things that are difficult for us, but not for the Lord who sees what we do not.

Continuing in prayer. There are no set backs for the Lord, but praying for steady progress indeed.

No. 75     Reply: Re: Prayers for Stormchaser moved to General   
By:  Survivor698   Gender: M   Age: 104   on  Jan 23, 2018 at 1:36 PM     
Continuing to pray for Stormchaser.