MeetChristians.com Tour

Private
Mailbox

Quick
Search

Detailed
Search

Member
Forums

Live
Chat

Polls
space

User
Tools

Help
space

Log Off
space
MeetChristians.com / Forums / Prayer Requests & Updates

No. 0     Original Topic:  Medical Problem getting worse   
By:  Stormchaser   Gender: M   Age: 64   on  Nov 28, 2017 at 3:44 PM   Viewed 685 times     
I'm afraid I could use a little prayer.

I have neuropathy - with numbness that has set into my feet. I'm told it's permanent.

But the numbness has also been affecting my fingers. I have a continual problem with my smallest fingers. Slight numbness has been involved, esp. when I wake up in the mornings.

Well, this morning I woke up and the numbness did not go away. In fact, my whole left hand small finger is totally numb, plus the section of the palm that attaches to it.

No, I don't think its something I ate (I am in the Dominican Republic at the moment) - I just think it's my problem getting worse.

Any and all prayers would be appreciated. Thank you.
No. 1     Reply: Re: Medical Problem getting worse   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Nov 28, 2017 at 4:23 PM     
We are here for ya Stormchaser. :2thumbs: You will be in our prayers !

Heavenly Father,

We have the wonderful opportunity to come to You, Almighty God, and offer our prayers ... including those who have it on their hearts to share their prayer request with us. You already know Stormchaser has come to You with his situation, and we " join in " with him ... asking for Your help ... to follow through with whatever is needed in his life.

We believe You work all things together for our good and for Your Glory !

We believe You will work out what's best for us and know You will help us to accept the outcome ... as we pray.

Thank You for listening ... and ... thank You for Your reassurance. You are working within Stormchaser's heart and his situation ... all at the same time. You know he will give You all the praise ... and will continue doing so ... as we keep waiting patiently and keep trusting in You alone.

In Jesus' Name ... Amen ! :group_prayer:



No. 2     Reply: Re: Medical Problem getting worse   
By:  Vickie   Gender: F   Age: 63   on  Nov 28, 2017 at 4:24 PM     

Prayers that God show you specifically YOUR pathway to healing in Jesus Name that this condition will be reversed

No. 3     Reply: Re: Re: Medical Problem getting worse   
By:  Devaprakash   Gender: M   Age: 73   on  Nov 28, 2017 at 7:25 PM     
RadioPreacherMan wrote:

We are here for ya Stormchaser. :2thumbs: You will be in our prayers !

Heavenly Father,

We have the wonderful opportunity to come to You, Almighty God, and offer our prayers ... including those who have it on their hearts to share their prayer request with us. You already know Stormchaser has come to You with his situation, and we " join in " with him ... asking for Your help ... to follow through with whatever is needed in his life.

We believe You work all things together for our good and for Your Glory !

We believe You will work out what's best for us and know You will help us to accept the outcome ... as we pray.

Thank You for listening ... and ... thank You for Your reassurance. You are working within Stormchaser's heart and his situation ... all at the same time. You know he will give You all the praise ... and will continue doing so ... as we keep waiting patiently and keep trusting in You alone.

In Jesus' Name ... Amen ! :group_prayer:


Amen!:group_prayer:
No. 4     Reply: Re: Medical Problem getting worse   
By:  texascowgirl283   Gender: F   Age: 51   on  Nov 28, 2017 at 8:51 PM     
Im sorry to hear that storm. I hope you get better but all I can do is ask that God's will be done. Hopefully that will be a healing.
No. 5     Reply: Re: Medical Problem getting worse   
By:  Stormchaser   Gender: M   Age: 64   on  Nov 29, 2017 at 7:19 AM     
I appreciate the prayers and well-wishes. I woke up this morning with approx. 40-50% return of feeling, a relief but also still a warning.
No. 6     Reply: Re: Re: Medical Problem getting worse   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Nov 29, 2017 at 8:38 AM     
Stormchaser wrote:

I appreciate the prayers and well-wishes. I woke up this morning with approx. 40-50% return of feeling, a relief but also still a warning.



Just curious ... why do you say ... " still a warning " ???

( that is ... if you wish to elaborate )
No. 7     Reply: Re: Medical Problem getting worse   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Nov 29, 2017 at 10:53 AM     
Storm,

You need to go be tested for diabetes.

(pulled offline) ...

Diseases affecting the peripheral nerves, such as diabetes, also can cause numbness, although with diabetes similar symptoms usually occur first in your feet.


If diabetes is ruled out, you might want to consider the upgrade at PF and try the ultimate fitness for the infrared benefits. It is less expensive than anodyne therapy that my Physical therapists recommend...

http://www.anodynetherapy.com/what_is_anodyne.htm

Lifting prayers for you.

No. 9     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Medical Problem getting worse   
By:  Stormchaser   Gender: M   Age: 64   on  Nov 29, 2017 at 11:16 AM     
RadioPreacherMan wrote:

Stormchaser wrote:

I appreciate the prayers and well-wishes. I woke up this morning with approx. 40-50% return of feeling, a relief but also still a warning.



Just curious ... why do you say ... " still a warning " ???



When your body begins to stop working, and then goes back to working (sort of), it's probably a sign.
No. 10     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Re: Medical Problem getting worse   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Nov 30, 2017 at 6:38 AM     
Stormchaser wrote:

When your body begins to stop working, and then goes back to working (sort of), it's probably a sign.



Thanking God ... your body " goes back to working " ... Amen !
No. 11     Reply: Re: Re: Medical Problem getting worse   
By:  Stormchaser   Gender: M   Age: 64   on  Dec 2, 2017 at 12:04 PM     
CAsandie wrote:

Storm,

You need to go be tested for diabetes.

(pulled offline) ...

Diseases affecting the peripheral nerves, such as diabetes, also can cause numbness, although with diabetes similar symptoms usually occur first in your feet.


Have been, and diagnosed as having it, but wasn't impressed with the doc as he seemed to have totally missed the whole neuropathy thing.

Even so, I've been aware that I am at least borderline type II.


If diabetes is ruled out, you might want to consider the upgrade at PF and try the ultimate fitness for the infrared benefits. It is less expensive than anodyne therapy that my Physical therapists recommend...

http://www.anodynetherapy.com/what_is_anodyne.htm



I started checking this out while down at the DR, but since I am back home I want to delve deeper into it.

I do think that much of my problem is the lack of circulation, that combined with the intake of too much sugar.

I am beginning to make changes in my daily sugar intake.

As far as circulation, I have a rebounder, which supposedly does wonderful things for your circulation. Now I only have to start using it on a regular basis.

Your information about PF is interesting. I plan to talk to them about it when I hit the gym today, though I did see that circulation does not seem to be a primary result of their machines. Any comments?

At any rate, thank you for the information.

Incidentally, my finger numbness is much closer to 'normal,' being about 90% feeling back.

Also, my weight loss is interesting. My appetite's been much more limited over the last couple of months, and before I left for the DR, I noticed my weight loss was about only 10 lbs over the lowest I previously achieved when juicing, which is impressive.

Coming back from the DR, where I ate somewhat sparingly, I lost another 5 lbs, which puts me within 5 lbs of reaching my previous low with juicing.
No. 12     Reply: Re: Medical Problem getting worse   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Dec 3, 2017 at 11:05 AM     
I plan to talk to them about it when I hit the gym today, though I did see that circulation does not seem to be a primary result of their machines. Any comments?


Hi Storm. It vibrates you from head to toe, so imho I do believe it improves circulation.

As far as diabetes - I'd see a specialist/second/third opinion if not 100% confident in any doctor. Circulation problems can be indicative of other problems, but I am happy to hear you have recovered 90%.

Still, I've added you to my prayer list.