MeetChristians.com Tour

Private
Mailbox

Quick
Search

Detailed
Search

Member
Forums

Live
Chat

Polls
space

User
Tools

Help
space

Log Off
space
MeetChristians.com / Forums / Biblical & Theological Issues

No. 0     Original Topic:  Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Oct 29, 2017 at 7:01 AM   Viewed 1196 times     
Acts 5: 38-39 ... ( New Living Translation ) ...

So my advice is, LEAVE THESE MEN ALONE. If they are teaching and doing these things merely on their own, IT WILL SOON BE OVERTHROWN.

But if it is of God, you will NOT BE ABLE TO STOP THEM. You may even find yourselves fighting against God.

* Notice ... we leave them alone first ... then it will be overthrown.



No. 1     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Oct 29, 2017 at 7:45 AM     
Proverbs 25: 11 ...

Timely advice is as lovely as golden apples in a silver basket.
No. 2     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Oct 29, 2017 at 7:47 AM     
Proverbs 15: 23 ...

Everyone enjoys a fitting reply; it is wonderful to say the right thing at the right time !
No. 3     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Oct 29, 2017 at 11:44 AM     
:group_prayer:
No. 4     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Oct 29, 2017 at 10:16 PM     

Acts 5:37 After him, Judas the Galilean appeared in the days of the census and drew away people after him. He too perished, and all his followers were scattered. 38So in the present case I advise you: Leave these men alone. Let them go! For if their purpose or endeavor is of human origin, it will fail.

(Berean Bible)

A good Scripture that has deep and sound advice.


I do not know why, but the plot to kill Jesus comes to mind ...

John 11:

47Then the chief priests and Pharisees convened the Sanhedrin and said, “What are we to do? This man is performing many signs. 48If we let Him go on like this, everyone will believe in Him, and then the Romans will come and take away both our place and our nation.” 49But one of them, named Caiaphas, who was high priest that year, said to them, “You know nothing at all! 50You do not realize that it is better for you that one man die for the people than that the whole nation perish.” 51Caiaphas did not say this on his own. Instead, as high priest that year, he was prophesying that Jesus would die for the nation, 52and not only for the nation, but also for the scattered children of God, to gather them together into one.

-----------------------------------

The knowledge that God is in charge of 'us,' but others seek their own concerns in this world is why I believe in a sense His are sheep for the slaughter 'temporal' anyway (it's rather sobering and humbling, but all things to His Glory for those that are destined and on a greater path and will see eternity)!

Thanks for bringing up this scripture to spark a deeper thought in the Lord and His Greatness!

Scriptures:

Psalms 27:13-14 I believe that I shall look upon the goodness of the LORD in the land of the living! Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!

Psalms 37:34 Wait for the LORD and keep his way, and he will exalt you to inherit the land; you will look on when the wicked are cut off.

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

Isaiah 30:18 Therefore the LORD waits to be gracious to you, and therefore he exalts himself to show mercy to you. For the LORD is a God of justice; blessed are all those who wait for him.

Isaiah 40:31 but they who wait for the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles; they shall run and not be weary; they shall walk and not faint.

Lamentations 3:25 The LORD is good to those who wait for him, to the soul who seeks him.









No. 5     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Oct 30, 2017 at 5:36 AM     
Very good scripture references and comments ... thank you CAsandie ...
No. 6     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Oct 30, 2017 at 5:59 AM     
RadioPreacherMan wrote:

Acts 5: 39 ... ( New Living Translation ) ...

But if it is of God, you will NOT BE ABLE TO STOP THEM. You may even find yourselves fighting against God.



Worth Repeating ... Amen !
No. 7     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Oct 31, 2017 at 4:52 AM     
:popcorn:
No. 8     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Oct 31, 2017 at 7:31 PM     
RadioPreacherMan wrote:

Acts 5: 38 ... ( New Living Translation ) ...

So my advice is, LEAVE THESE MEN ALONE. If they are teaching and doing these things merely on their own, IT WILL SOON BE OVERTHROWN.



God's Word Stands ... :bowdown:
No. 9     Reply: Re: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  another84   Gender: M   Age: 50   on  Nov 1, 2017 at 9:20 AM     
RadioPreacherMan wrote:

RadioPreacherMan wrote:

Acts 5: 38 ... ( New Living Translation ) ...

So my advice is, LEAVE THESE MEN ALONE. If they are teaching and doing these things merely on their own, IT WILL SOON BE OVERTHROWN.



God's Word Stands ... :bowdown:


RPM

Using the verses given I can not agree.
Who spoke these words, and why? What happen next?

Acts 5:40 And to him they agreed: and when they had called the apostles, and beaten them, they commanded that they should not speak in the name of Jesus, and let them go.



Knowing who is truly causing division, and who is not is hard to say. There are some things I may see as clear as can be. And others see the same thing in a different way. And their idea to them is as clear to them as my view is to me. That is where I questions. I am talking about between Christians. Not between Christians and non-Christians.

I am not on this site to teach. I want to understand more to why? My belief is strong, but that I do understand does not make me right. I can believe with all that I am that 2+2=5 but I still would be wrong.

TCG does not believe we, or anyone is born again till after the Resurrection. Several things She believes are belief based, not a clear cut point. I don't believe I have any insight into what is the real truth. But I can pray, read, and study to find what is the truth. We as Christians should agree as one. That is an important part of my belief. At least understanding why another Christian believes something different.

God bless you RPM. Look for better verses that fits your idea.




No. 10     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Nov 1, 2017 at 10:40 AM     
another84 wrote:

Look for better verses that fits your idea.



Interesting ... what do you think my " idea " would be ?

( if you wish to answer )

I do appreciate you giving a response to this thread ... :thumb_up:
No. 11     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Nov 1, 2017 at 11:47 AM     
:popcorn:
No. 12     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  another84   Gender: M   Age: 50   on  Nov 1, 2017 at 10:07 PM     
RadioPreacherMan wrote:

another84 wrote:

Look for better verses that fits your idea.



Interesting ... what do you think my " idea " would be ?

( if you wish to answer )

I do appreciate you giving a response to this thread ... :thumb_up:



Leaving them alone.

Do you see this as words from God, or from a Pharisee, named Gamaliel?

No. 13     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Nov 2, 2017 at 2:36 AM     
Another -- I do see your point about the instruction given being from a Pharisaical leader at the time who ended up flogging/beating the Apostles and forbidding them to teach the Gospel of Christ (yet he allowed the others to go freely and left them alone).

I think though the idea of 'allowing' God to handle the matter (and letting them alone) regardless is a good teaching.

I think the purpose of this thread is to raise one's faith and trust in God (it's not about a non-Christian member you mentioned here, but rather helpful in our general lives). If applied to a false teacher though ... let them alone (let them do as they chose/speak freely, but leave them alone and let God handle the matter (they will fall or rise by God alone). It is a statement of peace (and good then even here, but it is a life application study I would think). There also is no forbearance stated here of correction/teaching against false teachers if it is worth while and does not lead us off focus or into error ourselves.

My own thread on marking and ignoring as well has a broad application in our lives. It's about one's 'peace' and 'focus' on the Lord (without losing any focus on things that are not of the Lord). It also is not about 'punishing' anyone but disregarding what isn't beneficial. It's applicable to our lives in general and for the sake of the Lord's Peace granted to us. Our identity is in Him (not other's words, beliefs or their focuses that might not be in line with His Word).

There is no unity with those who are against Christ's Gospel. It is only those who share in His Truth. His Word. The deceived will go on deceiving, but it has no bearing on His Who He draws to Him. Yet note in returning to the OP here:

Galatians 1:8 Evidently some people are troubling you and trying to distort the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be under a divine curse! 9As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you embraced, let him be under a divine curse!


So the Lord Himself does handle one who distorts His Gospel. It is an unfortunate reality that those who abide in His obedience will continue to be persecuted (but it shall not stop us from living lives according to His Gospel)...

You've made a very worthy point here, Another. I'm not sure if I've helped any, but I do appreciate the deeper thought you have offered. Thank you.


No. 14     Reply: Re: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  another84   Gender: M   Age: 50   on  Nov 2, 2017 at 7:18 AM     
CAsandie wrote:

Another -- I do see your point about the instruction given being from a Pharisaical leader at the time who ended up flogging/beating the Apostles and forbidding them to teach the Gospel of Christ (yet he allowed the others to go freely and left them alone).

I think though the idea of 'allowing' God to handle the matter (and letting them alone) regardless is a good teaching.

I think the purpose of this thread is to raise one's faith and trust in God (it's not about a non-Christian member you mentioned here, but rather helpful in our general lives). If applied to a false teacher though ... let them alone (let them do as they chose/speak freely, but leave them alone and let God handle the matter (they will fall or rise by God alone). It is a statement of peace (and good then even here, but it is a life application study I would think). There also is no forbearance stated here of correction/teaching against false teachers if it is worth while and does not lead us off focus or into error ourselves.

My own thread on marking and ignoring as well has a broad application in our lives. It's about one's 'peace' and 'focus' on the Lord (without losing any focus on things that are not of the Lord). It also is not about 'punishing' anyone but disregarding what isn't beneficial. It's applicable to our lives in general and for the sake of the Lord's Peace granted to us. Our identity is in Him (not other's words, beliefs or their focuses that might not be in line with His Word).

There is no unity with those who are against Christ's Gospel. It is only those who share in His Truth. His Word. The deceived will go on deceiving, but it has no bearing on His Who He draws to Him. Yet note in returning to the OP here:

Galatians 1:8 Evidently some people are troubling you and trying to distort the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be under a divine curse! 9As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you embraced, let him be under a divine curse!


So the Lord Himself does handle one who distorts His Gospel. It is an unfortunate reality that those who abide in His obedience will continue to be persecuted (but it shall not stop us from living lives according to His Gospel)...

You've made a very worthy point here, Another. I'm not sure if I've helped any, but I do appreciate the deeper thought you have offered. Thank you.




Hi Sandie

I agree that allowing God to handle the matter is correct, but us leaving them alone I question.

The best I would come up with is:
Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Because God will deal with them.

We don't need to look for fights. We can point out the truth. If that is not received then. That would mean we Christians would have to leave this site? That would not work. If we are going to be on this site, and it is open to all, then we have to deal with it.

We are told to love your enemies.

RPM has done a wonderful job on here. I back Him, but I can not agree with this.

Don't make it an open forum. Just leave them alone to yourself, without the announcement.
No. 15     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  Verbatim   Gender: F   Age: 64   on  Nov 2, 2017 at 8:32 AM     
another84 wrote:

CAsandie wrote:

Another -- I do see your point about the instruction given being from a Pharisaical leader at the time who ended up flogging/beating the Apostles and forbidding them to teach the Gospel of Christ (yet he allowed the others to go freely and left them alone).

I think though the idea of 'allowing' God to handle the matter (and letting them alone) regardless is a good teaching.

I think the purpose of this thread is to raise one's faith and trust in God (it's not about a non-Christian member you mentioned here, but rather helpful in our general lives). If applied to a false teacher though ... let them alone (let them do as they chose/speak freely, but leave them alone and let God handle the matter (they will fall or rise by God alone). It is a statement of peace (and good then even here, but it is a life application study I would think). There also is no forbearance stated here of correction/teaching against false teachers if it is worth while and does not lead us off focus or into error ourselves.

My own thread on marking and ignoring as well has a broad application in our lives. It's about one's 'peace' and 'focus' on the Lord (without losing any focus on things that are not of the Lord). It also is not about 'punishing' anyone but disregarding what isn't beneficial. It's applicable to our lives in general and for the sake of the Lord's Peace granted to us. Our identity is in Him (not other's words, beliefs or their focuses that might not be in line with His Word).

There is no unity with those who are against Christ's Gospel. It is only those who share in His Truth. His Word. The deceived will go on deceiving, but it has no bearing on His Who He draws to Him. Yet note in returning to the OP here:

Galatians 1:8 Evidently some people are troubling you and trying to distort the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be under a divine curse! 9As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you embraced, let him be under a divine curse!


So the Lord Himself does handle one who distorts His Gospel. It is an unfortunate reality that those who abide in His obedience will continue to be persecuted (but it shall not stop us from living lives according to His Gospel)...

You've made a very worthy point here, Another. I'm not sure if I've helped any, but I do appreciate the deeper thought you have offered. Thank you.




Hi Sandie

I agree that allowing God to handle the matter is correct, but us leaving them alone I question.

The best I would come up with is:
Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Because God will deal with them.

We don't need to look for fights. We can point out the truth. If that is not received then. That would mean we Christians would have to leave this site? That would not work. If we are going to be on this site, and it is open to all, then we have to deal with it.

We are told to love your enemies.

RPM has done a wonderful job on here. I back Him, but I can not agree with this.

Don't make it an open forum. Just leave them alone to yourself, without the announcement.



I agree with this, another.

They need to go about their business, God doesn't need help...praying to the Lord for direction according to His will.
No. 16     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Nov 2, 2017 at 10:35 AM     
In agreement with the Lord ... is the place to be ... whether any one else agrees with me ... or not.

This message has been presented ... that's my responsibility ... as far as how others " respond " to it or not ... that's between them and the Lord.

I appreciate all of the responses from all of you ... as we continue to ...

Bless the Mess ! :2thumbs:

No. 17     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Nov 3, 2017 at 10:52 AM     
Another wrote: Hi Sandie

I agree that allowing God to handle the matter is correct, but us leaving them alone I question.

The best I would come up with is:

Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Because God will deal with them.


I hi-lighted the great scripture you provided. Your conclusion matches the OP's message, but couldn't there be multiple reasons for Lord to instruct us to shake the dust off of our feet? (for example making better use of our time)? (what about avoiding getting snared in satan's agenda which could be divisive and accusing the Brethren ourselves who fight against the proliferation of false doctrine that is a wrong focus in a Christian's life?

1 Cor 6:13 As a fair exchange, I ask you as my children: Open wide your hearts also. 14Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership can righteousness have with wickedness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?

We know that one does not 'physically' leave the world in order to be no part of it. Who has time for accusing minds or idle minds with vile insults given in which to exalt oneself? To be taught false doctrine at length? Do you? do I? Leave them participating in such to God then.

We see on MC a teacher rising up against Christianity. For some, they think 'they' can teach if seeing a question. I've been duped the same way and torn to shreds for offering Christ's Gospel solely, myself (albeit false accusations arise of me hating anyone instead of detesting false teachings itself). Who is allowing the proliferation of false teachings by entertaining it? Can it affect others (although we might be strong in our own faith -- do we know all viewing public forums) when paying mind to the lunacy?

The nonsense is why many leave or do not join this 'Christian' gathering site. Shall we allow it to rise Sister against Sister or Brother against Brother ... I say 'no.' Others say yes. I'm out of it really (just sharing my thoughts here on the example of this site you have given).

We don't need to look for fights. We can point out the truth. If that is not received then. That would mean we Christians would have to leave this site? That would not work. If we are going to be on this site, and it is open to all, then we have to deal with it.


Yet, scripture tells us to 'mark and ignore (Romans 16)' Does it state to make a private ' declaration though? Christ did not. Christ has stated in judging (but again I see the literal truth of the example given as well):

Matthew 7:6 Do not give dogs what is holy; do not throw your pearls before swine. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

Using this website as an example, some of us see this done over and over. Is it then wrong to point this out. Is it wrong to say 'enough' and allow others to form their own opinions? I do not see fault in standing up to the lunacy myself.

We are told to love your enemies.


Amen. Yet, nowhere do we find to 'fellowship' with those outside of the Body or those who are continually quarreling against Christ's Gospel, accusatory, causing divisions, (we are taught the opposite). I have given additional scriptures in my thread on Romans 16, but I will state I am still learning myself and appreciate thought on this.

I am lead to examine the scripture below closer and to think far beyond myself, but others affected ... So God will do His Job, but we too ought to do as instructed (do we need to hide this light under a bushel being politically correct or not to hurt anyone's feelings who has no concern here for Christians and the persecution faced in life)?

Galatians 5:9 A little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough. 10I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is troubling you will bear the judgment, whoever he may be.

RPM has done a wonderful job on here. I back Him,


I see nothing wrong with warning openly rather than back biting in threads as is the way of others here on MC. RPM expressed our ability to completely avoid, rebuke and openly reject the divisive nature of tail bearing, being duped into discussions so that a non-Christian Gospel can be taught stating it's like a merry go round ... I tend to agree. I believe in unity, although not all will come up to the same conclusion. What is obvious to some is not always seen by all at the same timing.

Again, I think this thread is on a 'general' principle in life that is worth heeding (and not about a sole incidence or this website).

Thanks for your thoughts here Another that were done so in a respectful manner (over that of back biting and ridiculous accusations that I see in other threads). I appreciate your maturity and thoughts always. I indeed have learned form you. May the Lord bless.

mod clarity
No. 18     Reply: Re: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  another84   Gender: M   Age: 50   on  Nov 3, 2017 at 4:59 PM     
CAsandie wrote:

Another wrote: Hi Sandie

I agree that allowing God to handle the matter is correct, but us leaving them alone I question.

The best I would come up with is:

Matthew 10:14 And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet.

Because God will deal with them.


I have hi lighted the great scripture you have offered here, but not the 'sole' conclusion [albeit it matches the OP's message]. Couldn't there be multiple reasons that the Lord might have for telling us to shake the dust off of our feet? (for example making better use of our time)? I will provide scriptural offerings here for consideration, but it is 'instructed' of us for what I believe multiple reasons (so we do not get snared in satan's agenda which could be divisive and accusing and focus on quarreling [rather than that which is edifying in nature].

1 Cor 6:13 As a fair exchange, I ask you as my children: Open wide your hearts also. 14Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership can righteousness have with wickedness? Or what fellowship does light have with darkness? 15What harmony is there between Christ and Belial? Or what does a believer have in common with an unbeliever?

So who shall we defend? For me, I defend the Body of Christ. One does not 'physically' leave the world in which to be no part of it. Do we? Who has time for vile talk? To be taught false doctrine at length? Do you? do I? Leave them participating in such to God then.

So I do not question my Brother and what was put upon his heart, because others are duped into 'teachings' (rather than 'sincere' questions). I had been duped into the same long enough. So we see here a teacher of inequity (rising up against Christianity). For some, they think 'they' can teach if seeing a question. I've been duped the same way and torn to shreds for offering Christ's Gospel solely, myself (albeit false accusations arise of me hating anyone instead of detesting false teachings itself). So are we not allowing for the continuance of false teachings (that could affect others; although we might be strong in our own faith) by paying mind to the lunacy?

The leaven (considering the whole loaf that is not 'seen' always since this is a public site) is particularly why many leave or do not join this 'Christian' gathering site. Yet, worse, shall we allow it to rise Sister against Sister or Brother against Brother ... I say 'no.'

We don't need to look for fights. We can point out the truth. If that is not received then. That would mean we Christians would have to leave this site? That would not work. If we are going to be on this site, and it is open to all, then we have to deal with it.


Yet, scripture tell us to 'mark and ignore (Romans 16)' Does it state to make a private ' declaration though? Christ did not. Christ has stated in judging (but again I see the literal truth of the example given as well):

Matthew 7:6 Do not give dogs what is holy; do not throw your pearls before swine. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

Using this website as an example, some of us see this done over and over. Is it then wrong to point this out. Is it wrong to say 'enough' and allow others to form their own opinions? I do not see fault in standing up to the lunacy myself.

We are told to love your enemies.


Amen. Yet, nowhere do we find to 'fellowship' with those outside of the Body or those who are continually quarreling against Christ's Gospel, accusatory, causing divisions, etc. (we are taught the opposite. I have given more scriptures on this in my thread on Romans 16, but I will state I am still learning myself and appreciate thought on this).

My own thoughts are leading me to examine the scripture below closer and to think far beyond myself, but others affected ...

Galatians 5:9 A little yeast leavens the whole batch of dough. 10I am confident in the Lord that you will take no other view. The one who is troubling you will bear the judgment, whoever he may be.

RPM has done a wonderful job on here. I back Him,


He is our Brother in faith. So if another speaks of sorcery and encourages false teachings...we ought to back the one who does so? I hope that is not the case.

I support RPM, because I see nothing wrong with warning openly rather than back biting in threads as is the way of others I note. For me personally, I learn by example and so RPM's expressing our ability to completely avoid, rebuke it openly and reject the divisive nature of tail bearing, being duped into discussions so that a non-Christian Gospel can be taught and it's done so frequently (it's like a merry go round) ...

is helpful
. Not all will come up to the same conclusion. What is obvious to some is not always seen by all at the same timing.

Looking beyond though at taking a closer look at false teachings though ... I take it further. Ceasing communication on false religion will stop the proliferation on the 'focus' there ... that is 'off' the focus on Christ.

Again, I think this thread is on a 'general' principle in life that is worth heeding (and not about a sole incidence or this website, although I have addressed it here, since you have here).

Thanks for your thoughts here Another that were done so in a respectful manner (over that of back biting and ridiculous accusations that I see in other threads). I appreciate your maturity and thoughts always. I indeed have learned form you as well. May the Lord bless.



Sandie

I know you have read what I have posted. So not sure if there is an issue?

Post 9 ends with. God bless you RPM. Look for better verses that fits your idea.

RPM asked me in post 10 Interesting ... what do you think my " idea " would be ?

My response in post 12 was Leaving them alone.

Do you see this as words from God, or from a Pharisee, named Gamaliel?

You, Sandie, then responded in post 13

I have only asked for better choice of verses other than verses from the dogs, and swine.

I do see 'leaving them alone' as more questionable than first thought. Do to the choice of verses posted.

I am not trying to make something here. Just question the choice of verses to make a point.

We even have Miranda rights no one has to post to anyone. But quoting a verse from a Pharisee, named Gamalie and calling it God's Word was the question.

I was not making an argument I was questioning the choice of verses. Which made me think. Using those verses alone I would not be able to agree I will do more study into it now.

Are we good? It is not a debate.

God Bless you.






No. 19     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Nov 3, 2017 at 5:33 PM     
Another ... I was busy modifying my post (too late though).

We are always good (no debate here). I see your point further now.

Blessings



No. 20     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Nov 3, 2017 at 6:43 PM     
Good ... Godly ... discussion or debate ... as we share what we see or understand ( even if there are areas of disagreement ) is healthy.

I'm sure ... as more time is spent " pondering " over what it being said ... and if others are led to respond along the way ... it will be good for all of us.

As far as I know ... I believe we are all okay with what's being presented ( and how it's being presented ) to this point.

In my opinion ... :goodpost:



No. 21     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Nov 4, 2017 at 6:24 AM     
another84 wrote:

Don't make it an open forum. Just leave them alone to yourself, without the announcement.



As I was " digging deeper " into God's Word ... here's a scripture verse from ...

1 Timothy 5: 20 ... ( New King James Version ) ...

" Those who are sinning rebuke in the presence of all, that the rest also may fear. "

I believe if there is an issue that has been dealt with privately ... but continues to be an issue ... then .. it needs to be brought out openly.

Here's the same verse again ( New Living Translation ) ...

" Anyone who sins should be rebuked in front of the whole church so that others will have a proper fear of God. "

Let's continue on with verse 21 ...

" I solemnly command you in the presence of God and Christ Jesus and the Holy Angels to obey these instructions WITHOUT taking sides or showing special favor to anyone. "

We realize MC is not a " church setting " ... but the Christians who are here " are the church."

Yes ... " WE ARE THE CHURCH " !

So, the message being presented here in this thread is being given in the presence of other Christians. The scripture verses are relating to elders ... but the principle remains the same ... for Christians.

If someone has been dealt with " privately " ... if someone has indicated they are " not interested " in anything we, as Christians, have shared with them over a period of time ... then ... it needs to be announced openly ... so that others may know ... and act accordingly.

Thank you ... Another ... for bringing this up. It is a good and Godly topic for all of us to consider ... as we continue to learn " how to be " as we interact with others.

No. 22     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Nov 4, 2017 at 6:35 AM     
Here's some more of God's Word ...

2 Thessalonians 3: 14- 15 ... ( New Living Translation ) ...

Take note of those who refuse to obey what we say in this letter. STAY AWAY FROM THEM so they will be ashamed.

DON'T THINK OF THEM AS ENEMIES, but speak to them as you would to a Christian who needs to be warned.



No. 23     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  Verbatim   Gender: F   Age: 64   on  Nov 4, 2017 at 7:28 AM     
1 Timothy 5: 20 ... ( New King James Version ) ...

" Those who are sinning rebuke in the presence of all, that the rest also may fear. "


This does not include people outside the Church.

Before all the church or congregation...not the unbelievers. The word "rebuke" denotes to reprove or reprehend. It means here that there should be a public statement of the nature of the offence, and such a censure as the case demanded. It extends only to spiritual censures, is referring to people of God.
That others in the Church may be kept from committing the same offence.
No. 24     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  Verbatim   Gender: F   Age: 64   on  Nov 4, 2017 at 7:37 AM     
It's not the Believers job to correct the "lost."

It is the Believers job to Evangelize them..."we are to be sowing seeds" and pray.

If one is called to that task.
No. 25     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Nov 4, 2017 at 3:46 PM     

Verbatim, what you have written is very wise and true (thank you. It is something to take to heart for edification). Scripture tells Christians to to treat non-believers the same as tax collectors (and even further with grace in another Scripture). This falls in line with what the OP would suggest -- allow God to Judge and correct non-believers (we Judge within for the purpose of building up, encouragement and unity -- not to speak ill of another I would pray [and unless in error]).

A question then would follow this: What about when the person uses Scripture and claims to be a 'believer' though and distorts the Gospel (if we continue to use MC in example)? I have not risen to the conclusion that I personally can judge another to be a non-believer just because they lack understanding. Likewise, I do not have the answer to this question, myself.

I confess to need instruction in this area (and I say this with all humbleness and not sarcasm). I in no way claim righteousness. My support is for His 'peace and sword that rightly divides' and 'building/growth' and 'focus upon the Lord's Gospel' -- for which a proliferation of discussion on a distortion of the Lord's Gospel (or other things bearing no good) does not not allow.

Thank you.

mod. to add the closest instruction I could find (already given above) as follows (which falls in line with the OP here of leaving them to God):

Galatians 1:8 Evidently some people are troubling you and trying to distort the gospel of Christ. 8But even if we or an angel from heaven should preach a gospel contrary to the one we preached to you, let him be under a divine curse! 9As we have said before, so now I say again: If anyone is preaching to you a gospel contrary to the one you embraced, let him be under a divine curse!
No. 26     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Nov 4, 2017 at 4:08 PM     
Another -- just coming back to thank you for your contribution here as it led me to a very interesting study on Judas the Galilean and other leaders of that era...

https://www.gotquestions.org/Zealots-Bible.html


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_of_Galilee

It seems the Zealots 'politically' were Messianic (rather a violent cleansing of the temple took place and the challenging of Roman taxation that predated Jesus's arrival [the Zealot's failed attempt followed by Jesus's Victory]).

(off topic, but an interesting study and thanking you for your post that lead to my interest and increased knowledge).





No. 27     Reply: Re: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  another84   Gender: M   Age: 50   on  Nov 4, 2017 at 5:04 PM     
CAsandie wrote:

Another -- just coming back to thank you for your contribution here as it led me to a very interesting study on Judas the Galilean and other leaders of that era...

https://www.gotquestions.org/Zealots-Bible.html


https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judas_of_Galilee

It seems the Zealots 'politically' were Messianic (rather a violent cleansing of the temple took place and the challenging of Roman taxation that predated Jesus's arrival [the Zealot's failed attempt followed by Jesus's Victory]).

(off topic, but an interesting study and thanking you for your post that lead to my interest and increased knowledge).







Do a study on the Pharisee, named Gamalie. He is the man that was talking about Judas the Galilean. He was Paul's Pharisee teacher. Some tradition believe He became a Christian and kept it a secret in order to help the Christians from within the Jewish council. If true we will not know this side of life. There is nothing I can find that makes me think He became saved.



No. 28     Reply: Re: Leave Them Alone ...   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Nov 5, 2017 at 7:27 PM     
Hi Another -- I was doing in parallel study about Gamaliel. He sought to spare the Apostles, so I would see reward there... (as for salvation...it's unknown/for God to decide).

Ironically the name Gamaliel actually means reward of God.

Yes, I agree -- another worth while and interesting study! Thanks!