MeetChristians.com Tour

Private
Mailbox

Quick
Search

Detailed
Search

Member
Forums

Live
Chat

Polls
space

User
Tools

Help
space

Log Off
space
MeetChristians.com / Forums / General Discussion

No. 0     Original Topic:  I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 2, 2017 at 12:22 AM   Viewed 977 times     
in the Shipping Dept. at work. This is an all concrete room with it's doors raised substantially off the ground. How or why he got in here I don't know.

I was doing my 1st patrol of the night.

I opened a vinyl overhead shipping door and he was directly in front of me only 1 foot away but facing the other way.

I stooped down shining my flashlight on him in order to get a better picture, he didn't budge.

I shined the light directly into his eyes and he still didn't move. Maybe he was sleeping? :unsure:





No. 1     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  texascowgirl283   Gender: F   Age: 50   on  Jul 2, 2017 at 9:46 AM     
cute
No. 2     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Jul 2, 2017 at 10:33 AM     
surprised he didn't "croak" in that dark sealed space.
No. 3     Reply: Re: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 2, 2017 at 11:49 AM     
Kari wrote:

surprised he didn't "croak" in that dark sealed space.


Well the lights are always on in the Shipping Dock area. But I had to shine my flashlight anyway for the photo to show up.

He only started hopping away when I re-closed the automatic overhead vinyl door.

This morning I saw a big Dragonfly buzzing around inside the plant.
No. 4     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Jul 2, 2017 at 6:19 PM     
Maybe he was after the dragonfly!

(a pretty toad with red and yellow colors)!

I'm glad you did not have to use force to evict him off the property :-p

No. 5     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  crayons   Gender: M   Age: 61   on  Jul 2, 2017 at 6:51 PM     
thats funny.
No. 6     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Survivor698   Gender: M   Age: 103   on  Jul 2, 2017 at 7:16 PM     
I stepped out the other night and noticed all these little dots jumping a little ways down the sidewalk. I strolled down that way and they were little baby frogs no bigger than the end of my pinky finger. All that way up from the pond down the hill from my entry door.
No. 7     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 6, 2017 at 2:46 AM     
I caught another trespasser tonight.

Again on my first round when I went to close an overhead door he/she was sitting right there in the door's entryway.

I nudged it twice with my foot in an attempt to get it moving and it refused to budge.

I had to gently kick it a few times towards the outside because it kept wanting to come back in for some reason.

This door is nowhere near the one I found the other day so definitely not the same Toad.

No. 8     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 6, 2017 at 3:32 AM     
caught 3 more Trespassers about 3am.

They were in back of work munching on grass.

There could have been more or a Buck nearby but these 3 Does were all I could see from my vantage point.

They acted like I wasn't even there.

Might not be able to make them out in this photo. It was about 3am. Deer are largely Nocturnal did you know that?

No. 9     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Jul 6, 2017 at 6:43 AM     
Looks like the little fellow may be " knee-deep " in trouble.

Get it ... " knee-deep ... knee-deep " :biggrin:
No. 10     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Judy757   Gender: F   Age: 62   on  Jul 6, 2017 at 4:55 PM     
We get those little fellas outside the door of our apartment right after a hard rain. I tell my husband when he steps out on the patio to make sure none of them get inside because our cat would freak out.
No. 11     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Survivor698   Gender: M   Age: 103   on  Jul 6, 2017 at 7:20 PM     
Can you legally detain him?
No. 12     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 6, 2017 at 7:45 PM     
I didnt think about it at the time but I should have brought these Toads home and released them into my gardens. The eat all kinds of bugs that are harmful to plants. Simething has been attacking my chinese cabbages that are in the ground leaving holes in the leaves. The ones in pots up on the deck in full sun dont seem to have any problems.
No. 13     Reply: Re: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Jul 6, 2017 at 8:00 PM     
Judy757 wrote:

We get those little fellas outside the door of our apartment right after a hard rain. I tell my husband when he steps out on the patio to make sure none of them get inside because our cat would freak out.


Free cat toys? :-)



No. 14     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Jul 6, 2017 at 8:12 PM     
BF -- I now have 'Visitors' (not sure they are trespassing) ... not wasps, but swarming bees!

They are amazing to watch. They had two swarms and then hundreds of bees took flight and both swarms disappeared...but then some bees came back and there is a one swarm now. I hope they didn't decide that was the place to nest as it's my slanted patio wooden pergola immediately out my backdoor!

First I find yellow jackets (in the front yard ground), then a scorpion in my garage...then what looked like a salamander in the garage as well (still not sure...it's moved like a snake, but looked like a lizard)...now bees!!!!

Yikes!

I did this research and it suggests they should move in a day or two:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swarming_(honey_bee)

and this article talks about the dwindling bee number and importance of bees:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/energy-environment/wp/2015/05/26/why-you-shouldnt-freak-out-about-honeybee-swarms-and-how-to-save-bees-from-those-who-do/?utm_term=.bc9bed8efa8b
No. 15     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 6, 2017 at 9:03 PM     
If they are Africanized bees you are in big trouble.

And they are common in the San Diego area.

They can be quite aggressive when swarming I have read.
No. 16     Reply: Re: Re: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 6, 2017 at 9:08 PM     
CAsandie wrote:

Judy757 wrote:

We get those little fellas outside the door of our apartment right after a hard rain. I tell my husband when he steps out on the patio to make sure none of them get inside because our cat would freak out.


Free cat toys? :-)





Our dog used to go after toads and pick them up in his mouth, they would urinate (it is a self-defense tactic of theirs) releasing a nasty taste and our dog would shake his head back and forth dropping it in an attempt to get rid of the bitter taste.

He never did learn his lesson and would pick them up in his mouth over and over again and again every time he saw one.
No. 17     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Jul 6, 2017 at 9:20 PM     
I used to catch toads and frogs and a child and release them back (poor little guys -- but they are to me rather cute)!

The second bee swarm has already taken off, but a few of the bees have lost their way. This was so interesting to witness and I feel so sad for the ones that are lost.

(They are trying to form a little swarm cluster now). I hope one of the other bees comes back for these left behind.

(I'm a geek who loves bugs and toads and frogs ... I know. It is sad that frogs and bees are becoming if not already endangered/declining in numbers).

mod. because there are many theories on the decline in numbers of amphibians.
No. 18     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 6, 2017 at 9:30 PM     
There is no danger of frogs or toads dwindling in numbers around here in the Midwest! There are loads of them!

A few years back I once ran into a plague of Frogs during a rain. There were hundreds of thousands of them hopping out of a ditch on the side of the road and across the road. This was going on for a few mile stretch.

They were thumping as they hit the bottom of my Truck. I think I once posted about it here on MC.

It was bizarre, I had never seen anything like it in my life!
No. 19     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Jul 7, 2017 at 10:13 AM     
We have two large ravens as neighbors that moved in on our property. A few months ago they went crazy, noisey and dive bombing something. It went on for 15 minutes. We kept watching to see what was going to finally try to sneak away and out came a HUGE BOBCAT out of the brush. they didn't stop until they had that thing far from our place.

This morning, they did it again...... This time we didn't see what they were after but our cat was in a panic and hiding in the garage. He doesn't get frightened over bobcats, so perhaps a coyote, or even a bear. They have been coming around. A mountain Lion was spotted a few miles away last week.

So, we don't worry too much with our trespassers. We have a warning system.
No. 20     Reply: Re: Re: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Judy757   Gender: F   Age: 62   on  Jul 7, 2017 at 11:17 AM     
CAsandie wrote:

Judy757 wrote:

We get those little fellas outside the door of our apartment right after a hard rain. I tell my husband when he steps out on the patio to make sure none of them get inside because our cat would freak out.


Free cat toys? :-)



That would give her something to play with, but she'd probably hiss and growl at it first.:biggrin:
No. 21     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Jul 7, 2017 at 11:22 AM     
Bf,

another trespasser is back in California too. I thought you'd be interested. CDFW has captured, collared and released an adult female wolf in Lassen County. US Forest Service trail cam photos show that she has three pups. The Lassen Pack is the second pack of wolves known to be in California since their extirpation in the 1920s.

:icon_eek:
No. 22     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Jul 7, 2017 at 11:46 AM     
Judy757 wrote:

CAsandie wrote:

Judy757 wrote:

We get those little fellas outside the door of our apartment right after a hard rain. I tell my husband when he steps out on the patio to make sure none of them get inside because our cat would freak out.


Free cat toys? :-)



That would give her something to play with, but she'd probably hiss and growl at it first.:biggrin:


I care for a stray outdoor cat here that would likely run for his dear life if seeing a toad (he gives new meaning to the word, 'scaredy cat.'

I brought him indoors once and he ran hysterically from a squeaky mouse toy!




BF -- I am glad to hear you have a lot of frogs and toads where you are at!! An article grabbed offline about the decline in frogs and amphibians:

http://www.denverpost.com/2013/05/22/study-number-of-frogs-toads-declining-at-alarming-rate/



No. 23     Reply: Re: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 7, 2017 at 12:41 PM     
Kari wrote:

Bf,

another trespasser is back in California too. I thought you'd be interested. CDFW has captured, collared and released an adult female wolf in Lassen County. US Forest Service trail cam photos show that she has three pups. The Lassen Pack is the second pack of wolves known to be in California since their extirpation in the 1920s.

:icon_eek:


The Mexican Grey Wolf, once extinct in NM was reintroduced a few we decades back and has been doing quite well. They are generally smaller than northern wolves say in Montana for example.
No. 24     Reply: Re: Re: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Jul 7, 2017 at 12:57 PM     
Bullfighter279 wrote:

Kari wrote:

Bf,

another trespasser is back in California too. I thought you'd be interested. CDFW has captured, collared and released an adult female wolf in Lassen County. US Forest Service trail cam photos show that she has three pups. The Lassen Pack is the second pack of wolves known to be in California since their extirpation in the 1920s.

:icon_eek:


The Mexican Grey Wolf, once extinct in NM was reintroduced a few we decades back and has been doing quite well. They are generally smaller than northern wolves say in Montana for example.


They have been talking about re-introducing the California Grizzly. HUGE mistake.

https://ww2.kqed.org/science/2016/05/02/grizzly-bears-are-everywhere-in-california-but-the-woods/
No. 25     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 7, 2017 at 1:35 PM     
Grizzlies once inhabited all of the western USA as well as many States in the Midwest.

But bringing them all back would only result in more human deaths and maulings.
No. 26     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 8, 2017 at 4:24 PM     
Spotted yet another Trespasser last night. That one had a black mask on and was running down the road behind our building.
No. 27     Reply: Re: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Jul 8, 2017 at 4:28 PM     
Bullfighter279 wrote:

Spotted yet another Trespasser last night. That one had a black mask on and was running down the road behind our building.


LOL Raccoon, right?
No. 28     Reply: Re: Re: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 8, 2017 at 8:32 PM     
Kari wrote:

Bullfighter279 wrote:

Spotted yet another Trespasser last night. That one had a black mask on and was running down the road behind our building.


LOL Raccoon, right?


Of course. Who else would be running around our property at night with a black mask on? :unsure:
No. 29     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Kari   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Jul 8, 2017 at 8:45 PM     
Bullfighter279 wrote:

Kari wrote:

Bullfighter279 wrote:

Spotted yet another Trespasser last night. That one had a black mask on and was running down the road behind our building.


LOL Raccoon, right?


Of course. Who else would be running around our property at night with a black mask on? :unsure:





No. 30     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 8, 2017 at 8:58 PM     
Actually that guy in the 3rd photo is at work every night on the front entrance monitor as you come in.

I will see if I can get a photo of him tonight...
No. 31     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 9, 2017 at 12:03 AM     
Caught 2more Trespassers about 15 minutes ago.

A Buck and a Doe.

I looked out the window of a door of the rear of our building and he as only about 30' away. He had his head twisted around looking at me. As I touched the door he got spooked and ran off.

She however just continued standing there looking at me even as I banged on the door a number of times.

There could have been more Does nearby just out of sight.
No. 32     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 9, 2017 at 6:58 AM     
About an hour and a half after seeing the Deer I saw the Raccoon again I had sen the night before.
No. 33     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Judy757   Gender: F   Age: 62   on  Jul 10, 2017 at 10:38 AM     
Bullfighter279 wrote:

CAsandie wrote:

Judy757 wrote:

We get those little fellas outside the door of our apartment right after a hard rain. I tell my husband when he steps out on the patio to make sure none of them get inside because our cat would freak out.


Free cat toys? :-)





Our dog used to go after toads and pick them up in his mouth, they would urinate (it is a self-defense tactic of theirs) releasing a nasty taste and our dog would shake his head back and forth dropping it in an attempt to get rid of the bitter taste.

He never did learn his lesson and would pick them up in his mouth over and over again and again every time he saw one.
Casandie, I tried to post one of those smiley face emoticons after the "free cat toys?" quote, but for some reason it didn't work.
No. 34     Reply: Re: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Judy757   Gender: F   Age: 62   on  Jul 10, 2017 at 10:41 AM     
CAsandie wrote:

Judy757 wrote:

CAsandie wrote:

Judy757 wrote:

We get those little fellas outside the door of our apartment right after a hard rain. I tell my husband when he steps out on the patio to make sure none of them get inside because our cat would freak out.


Free cat toys? :-)



That would give her something to play with, but she'd probably hiss and growl at it first.:biggrin:


I care for a stray outdoor cat here that would likely run for his dear life if seeing a toad (he gives new meaning to the word, 'scaredy cat.'

I brought him indoors once and he ran hysterically from a squeaky mouse toy!




BF -- I am glad to hear you have a lot of frogs and toads where you are at!! An article grabbed offline about the decline in frogs and amphibians:

http://www.denverpost.com/2013/05/22/study-number-of-frogs-toads-declining-at-alarming-rate/



I would have loved to have seen that:rofl:
No. 35     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Jul 10, 2017 at 10:52 AM     
Judy757 wrote:

Bullfighter279 wrote:

CAsandie wrote:

Judy757 wrote:

We get those little fellas outside the door of our apartment right after a hard rain. I tell my husband when he steps out on the patio to make sure none of them get inside because our cat would freak out.


Free cat toys? :-)





Our dog used to go after toads and pick them up in his mouth, they would urinate (it is a self-defense tactic of theirs) releasing a nasty taste and our dog would shake his head back and forth dropping it in an attempt to get rid of the bitter taste.

He never did learn his lesson and would pick them up in his mouth over and over again and again every time he saw one.
Casandie, I tried to post one of those smiley face emoticons after the "free cat toys?" quote, but for some reason it didn't work.


Judy... This site is antiquated! You have to push the click for more smileys in which to press on a smiley and it will post *unless you found one of the broken ones*...or

otherwise you have to use the keyboard and spell it out (for example for the grin smiley I use most often, you have to press the colon : and then this key .. } next to each other with no spaces inbetween).

Thanks for asking about this. Other new members are likely wondering too!! <3

(mod., because, I see there is broken links on a couple of the smileys in the click for more smileys section)!
No. 36     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 10, 2017 at 2:07 PM     
This morning after leaving work during a Thunderstorm in my full rain suit I got into the downtown area and was just getting off the Bike bath, a Raccoon runs across the path in front of me, then sees me coming and panics and runs back across the path where he came from right back in front of me.

I missed him by about 10 feet as I was bicycling and had to apply the brakes to avoid hitting him.
No. 37     Reply: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Judy757   Gender: F   Age: 62   on  Jul 10, 2017 at 6:11 PM     
CAsandie wrote:

Judy757 wrote:

Bullfighter279 wrote:

CAsandie wrote:

Judy757 wrote:

We get those little fellas outside the door of our apartment right after a hard rain. I tell my husband when he steps out on the patio to make sure none of them get inside because our cat would freak out.


Free cat toys? :-)





Our dog used to go after toads and pick them up in his mouth, they would urinate (it is a self-defense tactic of theirs) releasing a nasty taste and our dog would shake his head back and forth dropping it in an attempt to get rid of the bitter taste.

He never did learn his lesson and would pick them up in his mouth over and over again and again every time he saw one.
Casandie, I tried to post one of those smiley face emoticons after the "free cat toys?" quote, but for some reason it didn't work.


Judy... This site is antiquated! You have to push the click for more smileys in which to press on a smiley and it will post *unless you found one of the broken ones*...or

otherwise you have to use the keyboard and spell it out (for example for the grin smiley I use most often, you have to press the colon : and then this key .. } next to each other with no spaces inbetween).

Thanks for asking about this. Other new members are likely wondering too!! <3

(mod., because, I see there is broken links on a couple of the smileys in the click for more smileys section)!
Thanks for the info.
No. 38     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Jul 10, 2017 at 7:31 PM     
Judy -- thank you for your posts) :thumb_up:

BF -- Please send some of that rain to California! (no raccoons though/have enough)!



No. 39     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Survivor698   Gender: M   Age: 103   on  Jul 10, 2017 at 11:01 PM     
Been a couple months ago now, but I caught a guy breaking into cars in the parking lot here at about 6:00 AM. Well, he actually was not "breaking" into them. I watched him for awhile while waiting for the police to arrive. He was simply going from car to car and seeing if the doors were unlocked. Many were. He would take whatever interested him and then try another.
No. 40     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 28, 2017 at 8:27 PM     
Well it's official we have a, "Mascot" at work.

About once or twice a week I have been finding a big fat Toad sitting right below an overhead Dock door I have to close on my 1st patrol.

One night I did not see him and as the door hit the floor he popped out in front of me, lol.

I see why he "lives there" guarding the door entrance, there is a HPS light just outside which attracts bugs which sometimes fall the ground which he then likely eats..

There is enough of a gap at the bottom of the door for him to crawl under to go inside/outside whenever he wishes.

Every time I encounter him and try and coax him outside with my boot he ALWAYS insists on hopping back INSIDE.

I think he lives under the Dock Plate just inside too because he was trying to crawl under that once.

I look for him before closing the door and there he is sitting there as usual.

No. 41     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 29, 2017 at 3:29 AM     
Well by the time I did the 3rd round there he was sitting on top of the dock ramp plate inside. yep, he lives there.

As soon as I approached he hopped off under a large coil of steel wire.

Normally he will just sit there as I approach and won't budge an inch.
No. 42     Reply: Re: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Jul 29, 2017 at 7:17 PM     
Survivor698 wrote:

Been a couple months ago now, but I caught a guy breaking into cars in the parking lot here at about 6:00 AM. Well, he actually was not "breaking" into them. I watched him for awhile while waiting for the police to arrive. He was simply going from car to car and seeing if the doors were unlocked. Many were. He would take whatever interested him and then try another.


Let's see 6am...likely coming down off his crack or cocaine high and looking for more goods to steal to get just enough for another rock or dime bag !
No. 43     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Jul 29, 2017 at 10:24 PM     
So sad (about the discussion on car break-ins!

--------------------------------------------------------

I have had the sweetest trespassers lately when watering my yard! Hummingbirds (they are nesting my tree in the front. We also have a morning dove who is nesting in one of the palms...

When I water, one or two will sneak out and play or drink the water (So beautiful)! I wish I could capture this in photo!

No. 44     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Aug 20, 2017 at 6:43 AM     
Friday night I went to close an overhead door at work and a big Buck with a huge rack of Antlers was about 40' away from the door munching on the grass.

He stopped, looked at me for about 5 seconds before darting off further up into the lawn.

2 Does were present also who just continued munching grass.

If they ever decide to walk into the Plant that could be one big problem.
No. 45     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Aug 22, 2017 at 1:56 PM     
Rather close! We have to hike where I am at to see deer.

I remember a ranger telling us that deer ought not to be fed as it makes them less fearful of people which is not a good thing (easy prey or in your case they could cause problems).

Lovely or handsome creatures though to watch!



No. 46     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Aug 25, 2017 at 12:04 AM     
Went to close an overhead door a few minutes ago and saw Mr. Skunk hobbling down the road about 40' in front of me.

It's a miracle they don't come into the building. Maybe the lighting and loud noise keeps them them out.
No. 47     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Sep 4, 2017 at 2:43 AM     
Went to make a patrol and at 1:48am I found a masked bandit INSIDE our plant! He came running out of the back of an empty semi-trailer that was backed up to the Receiving Dock.

I told him to, "Get out of here!" at which he looked at me for a few seconds then proceeded to squeeze down this gap between the rear of the semi-trailer and the loading dock plate.

He had to work at it a little to get back outside through there but he got through and made his way back out. I assume this was the same way he came in since all the doors are shut.

I emptied a garbage can outside of our guard room in the plant outside in a nearby garbage can so he has nothing to eat in here.

Fortunately the lunchroom with all the food in it is up on the 2nd floor. If it was on the 1rst floor they would make a big mess of all the munchies in there!

I just hope the Skunks are not as agile as the Raccoons!

No. 48     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Sep 4, 2017 at 2:49 AM     
Oh, also saw a big Praying Mantis outside on the newly sealed pavement they did today with asphalt sealer. On my 1st patrol I found it.
No. 49     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Sep 5, 2017 at 3:53 AM     
BF -- I'm not seeing a photo of a skunk (I do see what looks like the tip of your boot though). :-p

I had a small skunk digging by my door ... it didn't spray me, but could have sprayed me when I screamed. It looked at me and simply walked away. In the morning I had to fill the hole it dug (I'm guessing a bug or some form of food desired was there)?

On the new addition to my zoo house...I also believe we have ferrets here (they are tan and white ... but they could be weasels as they appear rather similar. He/she too just looked at me and walked away ... no fear --.



No. 50     Reply: Re: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Survivor698   Gender: M   Age: 103   on  Sep 5, 2017 at 6:47 AM     
CAsandie wrote:

Rather close! We have to hike where I am at to see deer.




Not me. I just look out my window. They like to come up and graze by the tennis court.
No. 51     Reply: Re: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Survivor698   Gender: M   Age: 103   on  Sep 5, 2017 at 6:51 AM     
CAsandie wrote:

BF -- I'm not seeing a photo of a skunk (I do see what looks like the tip of your boot though). :-p


I do not think he was sharing a photo of a skunk. Simply showing the escape route of the raccoon.
No. 52     Reply: Re: Re: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  CAsandie   Gender: F   Age: 103   on  Sep 5, 2017 at 1:17 PM     
Survivor698 wrote:

CAsandie wrote:

Rather close! We have to hike where I am at to see deer.




Not me. I just look out my window. They like to come up and graze by the tennis court.


How fortunate. I love deer...they are elegant creatures (very graceful).



No. 53     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Sep 19, 2017 at 4:54 PM     
This last weekend I saw a skunk waddling across the lawn in front of our office.

It went underneath the other guard's car, but continued along our fence line until it was able to crawl underneath a shipping gate into our back loading areas.

I told the guard when he came out of the bathroom he might want to be careful when approaching his car at night, you never know what might be lurking under it lol.
No. 54     Reply: Re: I Caught A Trespasser   
By:  Bullfighter279   Gender: M   Age: 55   on  Sep 19, 2017 at 4:59 PM     
Also this weekend I caught movement on one of our Video cameras...

It was 2 Raccoons walking across the lawn in front of me.

One stopped next to the garbage can up by the parking lot/sidewalk, stood up has far as he could with his front paws extended high above him trying to reach the lid.

No go though, he was just a teenager and not quite tall enough yet.

He gave it up and rejoined his fellow brother or sister raccoon.

I opened our door and said clapping my hands, "Hey you, get out of here!"

They stared at me for a few moments like Raccoons always do as if somewhat perplexed and then they hobbled off around the other side of our building.