MeetChristians.com Tour

Private
Mailbox

Quick
Search

Detailed
Search

Member
Forums

Live
Chat

Polls
space

User
Tools

Help
space

Log Off
space
MeetChristians.com / Forums / God Speaks Through His Word

No. 0     Original Topic:  Theatre of the mind #2   
By:  Rick   Gender: M   Age: 59   on  Nov 14, 2016 at 1:23 AM   Viewed 3673 times     

PEACE OF MIND

Everyone is looking for joy, happiness and peace of mind. The beginning of our peace begins in our minds. When our minds are at peace, we have a calmness and assurance about us and in us.

Calmness and assurance are blessings of a Christian walk, and faith.

Isa. 32 [17] And the work of righteousness shall be peace; and the effect of righteousness quietness and assurance for ever.

And that faith is maintained in a fight, the battle of the mind to stay on the Lord.

Isa. 26 [2] Open ye the gates, that the righteous nation which keepeth the truth may enter in.
[3] Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
[4] Trust ye in the LORD for ever: for in the LORD JEHOVAH is everlasting strength.

Strength and a perfect peace, when your mind is stayed on the Lord, convinced in His faithfulness, that no matter what comes or goes, whatever the circumstances, you know that all things work together for good to them that love God, that are the called according to his purpose.

The peace, assurance, strength, calmness and faith that comes through looking vertically, not horizontally. Looking up, knowing the One you hope and trust in.

Circumstances are only 10% of the equation, the other 90% is how we view the circumstances. The king of Syria came gunning for Elisha with a great army, Elisha’s servant was terrified when he seen the town they were in surrounded by Syrain horses, chariots and a great army. The servant of Elisha had his eyes on this earth, looking horizontally, but then again who could blame him?

2 Kings 6 [14] Therefore sent he (king of Syria) thither horses, and chariots, and a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about.
[15] And when the servant of the man of God was risen early, and gone forth, behold, an host compassed the city both with horses and chariots. And his servant said unto him, Alas, my master! how shall we do?
[16] And he answered, Fear not: for they that be with us are more than they that be with them.
[17] And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Elisha through was a different story then his servent, the circumstances were not what Elisha was looking at, Elisha was looking to the Lord.

He had been fighting this fight for a long time, he knew the adversary, he understood the devices of satan, and Elisha knew wherein his strength laid, it was in the God he learned to look to. In days when there seemed to be no trouble, Elisha’s mind was on God, praying, meditating in His word and doing the things that brought him closer to God.

It’s funny, we have days that we pray and it feels like God is so close, there are other days we pray and it’s a fight to even feel an inkling of the Spirit of God, but that’s where faith comes, knowing that the Word of God says He hears us, His ears are open to our prayers. These are the times are grow in faith and closer to God, our trust in Him builds inside us and His peace is a settling factor in our minds.

Circumstances don't define us, God does!!! He creates in us a new man, but He'll use our circumstances to help prefect us.

No. 1     Reply: Re: Theatre of the mind #2   
By:  RadioPreacherMan   Gender: M   Age: 58   on  Nov 16, 2016 at 10:07 AM     
Rick wrote:

Calmness and assurance are blessings of a Christian walk, and faith.



Amen ! :2thumbs:

The " best " blessing of all ... PEACE ! :cloud9: